Our Commitment to Data Privacy Protection
Protecting the security and privacy of your personal data is important to our company; therefore, we conduct our business in compliance with applicable laws on data privacy protection and data security, including the GDPR. We hope the policy outlined below will help you understand what data we may collect, how our company uses and safeguards that data and with whom we may share it.
Through our Web site (“Web Site”), our company will not collect any personal data about you, unless you voluntarily choose to provide us with it (e.g. by survey), provide your consent, or unless otherwise permitted by applicable laws and regulations for the protection of your personal data. We process the following data about you:
- Telephone number;
- Email address;
- Data regarding your peripheral equipment, such as an IP address;
- Data regarding your surfing behavior.
Purposes and legal basis for the use of your personal data
We process your personal data for the purposes described below. Furthermore, we process your personal data based on a legal basis. These legal bases are, amongst others: consent, necessity for the performance of a contract with you, compliance with a legal obligation or our legitimate interest. Legitimate interests include: marketing, advertising, research and an analysis of our products and services.
We process your personal data for the purpose of:
- Responding to your inquiry or contact you about your inquiry, based on the performance of a contract with you and/or our legitimate interest;
- To process, manage and invoice your order, based on the performance of a contract with you;
- To establish and maintain a customer relationship with you, based on the performance of a contract with you and/or our legitimate interests;
- To conduct online surveys, based on our legitimate interest;
- Direct marketing and marketing research, based on your consent and our legitimate interest;
- To establish or preserve a legal claim or defense, based on our legitimate interest;
- To prevent fraud or other illegal activities, based on our legitimate interest.
If you choose not to have your personal data used to support our customer relationship (especially direct marketing or market research), we will respect your choice. We do not sell or otherwise market your personal data to third parties, except to Almatis affiliates.
When we process your personal data on the basis of consent, you have, at any time, the right to withdraw your consent.
Sharing your personal data
We may share your personal data with third parties, including with:
- our worldwide affiliates to better understand your business needs and how we can improve our products and services;
- any company belonging to the OYAK Group, where Almatis forms part of; or
- third parties, as supervisory authorities and other bodies, to comply with legal obligations.
We will only transfer your personal data to the above mentioned third parties for the purposes stated in this privacy statement, and only to the extent that is permitted under the applicable law and regulations, or if we are obligated to provide the personal data to a competent authority.
Third parties to who we transfer your personal data are themselves responsible for compliance with privacy legislation. We are neither responsible nor liable for the processing of your personal data by these third parties.
To be able to provide our services, it might be necessary that we transfer your personal data to other countries, whether or not a member state of the European Union, who ensure an adequate level of protection. In that case, we will take all measures necessary to transfer the personal data in a lawful manner to such countries and we will inform you about this, prior to the transfer.
You, as a data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access, this means you can make a request to obtain access to the personal data concerning you;
- The right to rectification or correction of your personal data;
- The right to erasure of the personal data concerning you;
- The right to restriction of the processing;
- The right to data portability, this means that you have the right to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and that you have the right to transmit those data to another controller;
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data based on our legitimate interest; and
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
The above stated rights can be exercised by submitting a request to our Data Protection Officer via: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Non-Personal Data Collected Automatically
When you access our Web Site, we may automatically collect non-personal data (e.g. type of Internet browser and operating system used, domain name of the Web Site from which you came, number of visits, average time spent on the site, pages viewed). We may use this data and share it with our worldwide affiliates to monitor the attractiveness of our Web Site to improve its performance or content.
More information about cookies can be found on www.allaboutcookies.org
To protect your personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss or alteration and against unauthorized disclosure or access, our company uses technical and organizational security measures. These measures ensure an appropriate level of security.
We will not store your personal data longer than necessary to achieve the purposes stated in this privacy statement, unless we are required by law to do so. In general this means that we will retain your personal data if one of the following situations applies:
- Your personal data are necessary to maintain our customer relationship with you;
- Your personal data are necessary to protect and defend our rights and properties (usually this means for the duration of the applicable statutory time limit); or
- We are required by law to store your personal data, for example due to tax legislation.
Links to Other Web Sites
Questions and Comments
You can contact our Data Protection Officer via:
Dr. Falk Knoch
Am Ziegelweiher 40
You can contact us via: email@example.com
Changes to this privacy statement
This privacy statement is last updated on 8 June 2018.